Home / Services / Fatigue Management Services / How can the risks of fatigue be managed in the workplace?
How can the risks of fatigue be managed in the workplace?
Measures to manage the risks associated with fatigue will vary from one workplace to the next, depending on the nature of the work, environmental conditions and individual factors.
The risks associated with fatigue can be managed by following a systematic process which involves:
- Identifying the factors which may cause fatigue in the workplace
- Assessing the impact fatigue has on worker health, safety and productivity
- Controlling fatigue risks by defining and implementing tailored control measures, and
- Reviewing control measures to ensure they are working as planned.
Management of fatigue needs to consider:
- Work schedules
- Actual work hours, including overtime and call outs
- Job demands
- Individual factors, including sleep and health.