Reasonable Cause Training For Supervisors
Supervisors play a key role in maintaining a drug safe workplace. Supervisors are in a position to recognise probable drug and alcohol misuse in the workplace including changes in an employee’s performance, physical appearance, behaviour and speech.
Addressing drug and alcohol misuse in the workplace should be a priority for supervisors and all employees to ensure safety and productivity.
This training will help supervisors gain the knowledge and confidence they need to make reasonable cause determinations. The training will support supervisors to recognise the signs and symptoms of probable drug and alcohol misuse in the workplace and how to make the necessary reasonable cause determinations safely and ethically.
After completing this education and awareness session, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the key aspects of your company’s policy and the role it plays in a drug safe workplace;
- Identify the signs of probable drug and alcohol misuse;
- Document observations of employee behaviours;
- Have a constructive conversation with an employee;
- Approach an employee in a reasonable cause situation;
- Determine if there is reasonable cause to test;
- Correctly arrange for testing or other interventions; and
- Engage in safe and ethical practices within a drug safe workplace.
|Delivery Format||Length||Participants per training||Delivered||Booking links|
|Workshop format||3 hours||Max 15 Participants||
At Your Workplace; Or
Certificates are issued electronically following completion of training to the participant and workplace (if applicable).
Additional information for workplaces:
Training through AusHealth Work means your organisation has free access to our fully integrated training management system. This means that your organisation will be able to login and view scheduled training sessions within your workplace, view employee training progress and download and view employee certificates and transcripts.
AusHealth Work can also work with your business to customise any of our existing training products or alternatively we can develop bespoke training for your team.