Drug and Alcohol Education and Awareness for Employees
When introducing a drug and alcohol program, it is important that all employees are educated not just about the workplace drug and alcohol policy, but that they understand what defines a drug and how drugs can affect health and safety in the workplace. This training ensures that employees understand why drug and alcohol programs are implemented in the workplace and allows them to make informed decisions about their use of drugs and/or alcohol.
AusHealth Work’s Drug and Alcohol Education and Awareness for Employees can be modified to suit the specific needs of your workplace. All sessions include:
- Alcohol education and awareness; and
- Drug education and awareness.
With the option to include information about AusHealth Work’s testing process:
- Breath alcohol screening and oral fluid collection and testing; or
- Breath alcohol screening and urine collection and testing.
Sessions provide managers and employees with the opportunity to learn about the drug testing process (if applicable). The session informs participants about their rights and obligations, confidentially, privacy and important aspects of the Australian Standards (AS 3547, AS/NZS 4308 and AS 4760). All sessions are conducted by our team of experienced trainers.
After completing this education and awareness session, the participant will:
- Understand how drugs and alcohol can affect health and safety in the workplace;
- Have an awareness of different types of drugs (including alcohol) and their effect on the body;
- Be able to make informed and responsible choices in relation to drug and alcohol use;
- Understand the drug and alcohol testing process; and (if applicable)
- Enjoy a safer and more productive workplace for themselves and their colleagues.
|Delivery Format||Length||Participants per training||Delivered||Booking links|
|Workshop format||45-60 minutes||Max 20 Participants||At Your Workplace||BOOK HERE|
|Live Webinar||45-60 minutes||Max 20 Participants||Via Zoom||ENQUIRY|
AusHealth Work Student Management System
Certificates are issued electronically following completion of training to the participant and workplace (if applicable).
Additional information for workplaces:
Training through AusHealth Work means your organisation has free access to our fully integrated training management system. This means that your organisation will be able to login and view scheduled training sessions within your workplace, view employee training progress and download and view employee certificates and transcripts.
AusHealth Work can also work with your business to customise any of our existing training products or alternatively we can develop bespoke training for your team.