Drug and Alcohol Collector Refresher Training
AusHealth Work’s Drug & Alcohol Collector Refresher Training provides an opportunity for Collectors to update their skills and knowledge. This ensures collections and screening are performed in a professional and consistent manner, whilst maintaining Donor privacy and confidentiality, and protecting specimen integrity in line with Australian Standards:
- AS 3547:1997 Breath alcohol testing devices for personal use
- AS 4760:2006 Procedures for specimen collection and the detection and quantitation of drugs in oral fluid and
- AS/NZS 4308:2008 Procedures for specimen collection and the detection and quantitation of drugs of abuse in urine.
The refresher training includes practical activities that require Collectors to demonstrate their ability to handle adverse situations such as managing non-compliant Donors and situations requiring on-the-spot problem solving. In a simulated environment, they will be required to successfully undertake a breath alcohol screening and oral fluid and/or urine collection and screening.
After completing this hands on training session, the participant will be able to:
- Explain minimum requirements necessary to perform breath, oral fluid and urine collections and describe the procedure for ensuring the integrity of the specimen collection process.
- Demonstrate how to obtain a breath, oral fluid and urine specimen, follow chain of custody and record information on the chain of custody form.
- Demonstrate workplace proficiency in breath, oral fluid and urine specimen screenings and collection.
- 10440NAT Course in on-site drug and alcohol testing;
- HLTPAT005 Collect specimens for drugs of abuse testing; or
|Delivery Format||Length||Participants per training||Delivered||Booking links|
|Workshop format||4 Hours||Max 12 Participants||
At Your Workplace; Or
Certificates are issued electronically following completion of training to the participant and workplace (if applicable).
Additional information for workplaces:
Training through AusHealth Work means your organisation has free access to our fully integrated training management system. This means that your organisation will be able to login and view scheduled training sessions within your workplace, view employee training progress and download and view employee certificates and transcripts.
AusHealth Work can also work with your business to customise any of our existing training products or alternatively we can develop bespoke training for your team.