A Workplace Observation is a requirement of HLTPAT005 Collect specimens for drugs of abuse testing to demonstrate workplace readiness. The information collected during a workplace observation will be used by the Registered Training Organisation (along with other evidence) in deciding whether or not the learner is competent in the following collector tasks:
- confirming collection requirements;
- preparing donor and equipment and
- collecting specimens via urine and/or oral and breath testing following the special procedures that apply for drugs of abuse testing.
The Workplace Observation must be completed and received by AusHealth Work within three (3) months of the coursework completion date.
- Special allowances may be provided to Learners to enable them to have a three (3) month extension.
- Requests for extension must be received in writing preferably via email.
- Under no circumstances will an extension extend past six (6) months of coursework completion date.
- Submission must occur via:
- Post: Attention: Training, AusHealth Work, 65 Hardy’s Road, Underdale, 5032
Workplace Observer Requirements
- Must be an experienced collector, currently undertaking collection duties for at least 18 hours per fortnight.
- Has reviewed and understood the standard operating procedure for the business in which the Workplace Observation will take place.
- The required paperwork to support the completion of the workplace observation is provided to learners on their coursework training day.
- It is recommended the Learner uses a ‘procedural checklist.’ The Learner may choose to use the procedural checklist from the coursework component of the training or a locally developed checklist.
We currently have no dates scheduled for this course. Please contact us if you're interested!