COVID-19 Update August 18 - Coronavirus in Australia – Advice Regarding Drug and Alcohol Testing
VALUED CLIENTS AND PARTNERS
AusHealth monitors the State and Territory jurisdictions regarding the pandemic of infectious coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and its associated illness (“COVID-19”). AusHealth will adapt our approach in accordance with relevant recommendations.
As restrictions vary nationally, AusHealth will continue to maintain performance standards that reduce the risks to businesses associated with on-site drug and alcohol testing in compliance with the recommendations.
AusHealth Work’s best practice will remain as follows;
- Collectors shall isolate themselves and seek medical advice if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or if in contact with someone who has confirmed COVID-19 infection.
- Collectors shall maintain social distancing where possible.
- When required and or recommended by the relevant health authority, collectors will wear surgical masks. We have provided our collectors with training and guidance in the effective use of surgical masks.
- Collectors shall maintain good hand hygiene and contain coughs or sneezes to prevent spread of the virus to others and to prevent spread onto surfaces. This includes provision of ongoing guidance on hand hygiene practices, including glove procedures.
- Collectors shall clean surfaces with effective disinfectant materials, use clean spill capture mats, wash hands between each donor encountered and use fresh gloves to handle specimens.
- Collectors shall continue to disinfect breath alcohol test devices between each donor use.
AusHealth Work recommends that client businesses continue to implement COVID-19 protective measures to ensure a safe workplace. These steps may include;
- Return to work testing by temperature monitoring, COVID swab testing, or antibody testing.
- Compliance with State and Territory Health guidelines, including the wearing of masks.
- Workers maintaining appropriate social distancing where possible and continuing hand and cough hygiene measures.
- Development of a ‘COVIDsafe’ plan.
AusHealth Work is committed to working with our clients in achieving the health and wellbeing of the people in our respective organisations. We thank you for your ongoing support to AusHealth Work and our team.Share